DR .P.SASIPRIYA GOVINDARAJ M.D., DMRT.,
The Executive Director and the Radiation Oncologist of HarshamitraSuper specialityCancer Centre.
Treading on the heels of her husband, she too underwent specialization in Radiation Oncology. The grim determination of the family to challenge and control Cancer has captured her also. The result was the Gold Medal in her Radiation oncology.
Very simple in her conversation, never versatile, she is fondly addressed by her patients as the Ocean of Grace! In the last six years of her free service through ROSE GARDEN, she has given free PAP SMEAR Tests for more than 15,000 women to detect Cervical Cancer and was able to detect 760 women in their early stage of Cancer and Pre-Cancerous stage, all free of Cost.
Academic History :
1. Sacred Heart Girls Higher Secondary School, Thanjavur
2. M.B.B.S : PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Coimbatore.
3. D.M.R.T : Madras Medical College, Chennai.
4. M.D (Radiotherapy) : Adyar Cancer Institute, Chennai.
Special Training Undergone :
1.Certificate Course in Essentials of Palliative Care, Indian Association of Palliative Care.
2. Training Programme in Linear Accelerator, CT Simulator and IMRT.
3. Former Tutor in Radiology Department Government KAPV Medical College, Trichy.
4. Former Assistant Professor in Department of Radiation Oncology. Madras Medical College,Chennai.
5. Former Assistant Professor in Government Arignar Anna Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Kanchipuram.
University First Rank Holder :
Won the Dr.Sri.A.Lakshmanaswamy Mudaliyar GOLD MEDAL PRIZE for Standing University first in the DMRT Examination of the Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University, 2003 awarded by the Governor of Tamil Nadu.
Presented Papers in the Association of Radiation Oncologists Conference.
Delivered Guest Lectures in IMA Doctors Meet.
Life Member of the Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI) and Indian Medical Association (IMA). And the Trichy oncology society.
Certificate of Appreciation by the then Tamil Nadu Health Minister, 2011.
Nominated for the “ASIA PACIFIC EXCELLENCE AWARD” at Indo Nepal Conference On “Integration & Economic Development” to be held at Kathmandu,the capital of Nepal On Saturday,11th October 2014