March Month is colorectal cancer awareness month colorectal cancers are increasing in India. They are common after 50 years of age. but they are preventable Read on to know more about colorectal Cancers
Colon cancer is cancer of the large intestine (colon), the lower part of your digestive system. Rectal cancer is cancer of the last several inches of the colon. Together, they’re often referred to as colorectal cancers.
It is due to the abnormal growth of cells that have the ability to invade or spread to other parts of the body.
Factors that may increase your risk of colon cancer include:
- It is common in both men and women. The risk of developing colorectal cancer rises after age 50.
- Chronic inflammatory diseases of the colon
- Family history of colon cancer and colon polyps.
- Low-fiber, high-fat diet.
- irregular physical activity
Signs and symptoms of colon cancer include:
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Nausea or vomiting
- Rectal bleeding or blood in your stool
- Persistent abdominal discomfort, such as cramps, gas or pain or feeling full or bloated
- Weakness or fatigue
- Weight loss with no known reason
Diagnosing colon cancer
Using a scope to examine the inside of your colon-Colonoscopy.
Using multiple CT images to create a picture of your colon.
- Surgery can usually cure it when it is found early.
- Radiation therapy- where radiation is used to kill cancer cells.
- Chemotherapy- where medication is used to kill cancer cells.
- biological treatments – a newer type of medication that increase the effectiveness of chemotherapy and prevent the cancer from spreading.
Doctors recommend regular screening tests to help prevent colon cancer by identifying polyps before they become colon cancer.
Colon cancers develop about 10 years after the polyp occurs. If we can detect the polyps, we can present cancers. colonoscopy helps to detect in the polyp stage itself and can remove the polyp in the same procedure for all men and women above 50years, colonoscopy once 10 years will help prevent colorectal cancers.
Harshamitra Super Specialty Cancer Centre & Research Institute in new of “March – the colorectal cancer awareness month”, offers colonoscopy for people above 50 years of age at 50% of the cost..
Get Tested ! Protect yourself from colorectal cancers !
Contact 7373731008 (or) 7502742777